We are looking for a talented senior biostatistician to join our Data Science Unit at Enterome.
Enterome is a French biotech company established in 2012 that is leveraging its unique knowledge of the key functional and molecular interactions between the gut microbiome and the human body to develop targeted therapeutics. The company is focused on the identification of bioactive molecules that are differentially expressed, secreted and regulated by the gut microbiome, playing a central role in the regulation of key aspects of human physiology and the immune system.
Enterome is a recognised leader in the microbiome field, with innovative and advanced pre-clinical and clinical programs in Crohn’s Disease, IBD and Immuno-Oncology, and global partnerships with pharmaceutical companies such as Bristol-Myers Squibb and Takeda. In October 2018, Enterome entered a global licensing, co-development and co-promotion agreement with Takeda, valued up to €600M, for Enterome’s lead microbiome-targeting treatment for Crohn’s disease.
As a senior biostatistician, you will be in charge of biostatistical analyses for quantitative data on a wide range of research projects across the drug discovery and biomarkers programs of the company. You will report directly to the Head of the Unit and the role includes the following responsibilities:
- Supervise and perform biostatistical analysis across different projects
- Develop and test new methods for -omics data analysis and discovery
- Define and compile data analysis plans according to studies protocols and main objectives
- Write analysis reports and documentation
- Present and discuss data analysis plans and results both internally and with external partners or CROs, including overseeing Data Transfer Agreements with third-parties.
M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Biostatistics with at least 5-8 years of experience in R&D.
Core skills and experiences
- Experience with quantitative metagenomic (shotgun sequencing) and/or -omics data analysis
- Experience with biomarkers discovery and development from -omics data, and with translational or validation analysis integrating different types of technologies, e.g. qPCR
- Experience using machine learning methods applied to -omics datasets
- Proficient in R, with a solid expertise using the major statistical methods and packages, including advanced data visualisations and automated documentation generation with Markdown.
- Experience working within a quality system
- Fluent in English and French
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
Desirable skills and experiences
- Knowledge of Python programming
- Biological background with a good understanding of functional genomics
- Prior experience working in Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries
Type of position
- Full-time contract (CDI)
- Position to be filled as soon as possible
Location: Enterome HQ, Paris – France